Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Important COVID-19 Update for Land Disturbance Permit Applicants

If you wish to submit a Land Disturbance Application to the City of Hendersonville, please submit the application, plans and supporting documents digitally to  The $50 application fee can be mailed to Hendersonville City Hall, 101 Maple Drive North, Hendersonville, TN 37075 to the attention of Helen Morrison.

Land Disturbance Permit

All applicable land disturbance activities occurring on public or private land must comply with the City of Hendersonville Stormwater Ordinance -Title 18 (Water and Storm Sewers) and the General National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) Permit for Discharges of Stormwater Associated with Construction Activities (Construction General Permit).  All applicable State permits will need to be obtained before applying for a City of Hendersonville Land Disturbance Permit.

Land Disturbing activities means any activity on property that results in a change in the existing soil cover (both vegetative and non-vegetative) and/or the existing soil topography.  Land disturbing activities include, but are not limited to, development, re-development, demolition, construction, reconstruction, clearing, grading, filling, trench, and excavations.

City Land Disturbance Permit Documents:

Please submit the Land Disturbance Permit Application and supporting documents to the Public Works Front Desk at 101 Maple Drive North, Hendersonville, TN 37075 to the attention of Helen Morrison.  Carefully review the LDP application, checklist, and Erosion Control Plan Review Checklist before applying for a Land Disturbance Permit.  Incomplete submission will be rejected.

 *Important Notice*

On April 24, 2018, the Public Works Committee decided to set the Land Disturbance Performance Surety at $7,500/acre.  This figure was determined using equipment and materials costs for a recent City project.


Stormwater Education for Developers

The Stormwater Division encourages current and future developers in the City of Hendersonville to adhere to Federal, State and Local water quality laws.  Please watch the Stormwater Educational video for Developers to ensure that you are following the proper guidelines.


Tennessee Construction General Permit

The State of Tennessee requires operators of construction sites involving clearing, grading or excavation that result in an area of disturbance of one or more acres, and activities that result in the disturbance of less than one acre if it is part of a larger common plan of development or sale, to obtain a Construction General Permit


 Road Cut Permit

To obtain a Road Cut Permit, please contact the Road Department Superintendent, Trace Buerkett, at 615-973-3612

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Flash Player Download Flash Player Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Download Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer