The City of Hendersonville is home to more than 60,000 citizens and employs over 500 individuals. The City’s workforce includes many functional areas that provide a wide range of services to the residents and visitors of Hendersonville, Tennessee. These services include, but are not limited to: police, fire, city parks, streets, building codes, engineering, planning and economic development. Hendersonville is a great place to live, work and play. As employees of the City, we take pride in the “City by the Lake”.
The Hendersonville Human Resources department is responsible for providing comprehensive services to all City employees, job applicants and the community.
- Management and administration of employee compensation and benefits.
- Fair and consistent recruitment, selection, and retention program.
- Development, implementation and administration of City personnel rules and regulations.
- Compliance with Federal, State and Local labor and employment laws.
- Professional development and training programs.
- Maintenance of the City's personnel records.
- Provide support to City departments relative to personnel matters to promote effective employee relations.
- Administration of merit and employee recognition programs.
- Administration of the City's employee wellness program.
- Workers' Compensation claims management.
- Comprehensive Safety program to ensure a safe and secure working environment.
The Human Resources office is located inside Hendersonville City Hall located at:
101 Maple Drive North
Hendersonville, TN 37075
The office is open weekdays from 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM.
For additional information, contact the Human Resources Department at:
Employment with the City of Hendersonville offers opportunities for personal and professional growth. If you are interested in becoming a part of the City of Hendersonville team, review our Employment Opportunities page. Current job openings are posted as they become available.
The City of Hendersonville is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an alcohol/drug-free workplace and to providing equal opportunities regardless of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age or disability.
HR Mission Statement: The mission of our Human Resources Department is to help maximize our individual and organizational potential by creating and maintaining partnerships, developing and retaining an intelligent and motivated workforce, and creating a safe and healthy work environment for our employees making the City of Hendersonville the employer of choice.