WHAT IS CodeRED?
The CodeRED system is an Early Warning and Notification System used to send many types of notifications (General, Weather Warning, Emergency) to our businesses and residents. This is our way of notifying you in an emergency situation.
The system allows us to deliver emergency messages to you via a phone call to your landline or mobile device as well as through text or email. You may choose one or all of the above options.
CodeRED notifications are Geo-targeted (alerts are issued to you by your geographical location) and time-sensitive.
You choose the notifications you receive:
- GENERAL notifications (examples: road closures due to construction, traffic accidents, etc. to other events)
- WEATHER WARNING notifications (These alerts are automatically generated when the (NWS) National Weather Service issues a warning for your location.)
- EMERGENCIES such as amber/silver alerts, evacuation, fire, criminal activity
(The above are just some of the notifications you will receive.)
Residents and businesses located inside the city limits of Hendersonville, TN are encouraged to sign up for CodeRED to be sure you receive timely emergency notifications and other important information and instructions when alerts are issued.
IS THERE A COST AND HOW DO I GET CodeRED?
CodeRED is free and available to any person within the city limits of Hendersonville, TN.
- When you sign up for CodeRed, you can sign up for multiple telephone numbers. (Example: Landline, his cell phone, her cell phone, child’s cell phone).
- You can opt-in for every notification and every way of receiving these notifications. You will need to know the provider for your cell phone when choosing texts as one of your options.
Click the "Get it now..." button to sign up for CodeRED.
It will only take a few minutes to enjoy a service that just may save your life. Please share with all of your friends and family about this invaluable service.
WHAT IF I DO NOT HAVE ACCESS TO A COMPUTER?
If you do not have access to a computer, you can still sign up for CodeRED.
- Download and print a sign-up form HERE. Once complete, return to the Hendersonville Fire Administration Office at:
313 East Main Street, Suite 1
Hendersonville, TN 37075
- You may also sign up at the Hendersonville Library or at City Hall.
- To host a group sign-up event, please contact the Hendersonville Fire Department at
There is additional information on the City of Hendersonville web site. It can be found HERE.
If you have questions or comments about the CodeRED system, please contact Hendersonville Fire Administration at 615-822-1119.
CodeRED also has a mobile app which is NOT necessary in order to receive the notifications once you sign up as described above.
The app is great for traveling and for seeing alerts nationwide.
The CodeRED App is not free. It has a monthly subscription cost and any charges incurred are your responsibility. The City of Hendersonville does NOT cover these charges.
If you are interested in the App, go here to learn more: 10 Things To Know About The Code Red Mobile Alert App
|To download the app, click on the CodeRED logo or using your mobile device, search the App Store or Google Play.|