IMPORTANT UPDATE FROM FIRE, POLICE, PARKS AND PUBLIC WORKS
Important Updates from City of Hendersonville
This video is for our citizens from our staff members at City Hall. It contains important updates from the Hendersonville Fire Department Hendersonville Police Department, Parks and Recreation and Public Works. During this unprecedented time we want you to know that all the services you expect from the City of Hendersonville are still working for you. While there may be some temporary changes and some different processes we are 100 percent with you all and working every day to keep our city safe, healthy and providing everyone with any help we can. Thank you to Chief Scotty Bush and Chief Mickey Miller for helping us get the word out that everyone at City Hall is here for you!
SPECIFIC UPDATES FROM PARKS DEPARTMENT:
- All leagues, practices, events and any organized athletic activities are suspended through May 31.
- Adult Spring Softball and Kickball, Adult Summer Basketball and Raptors Baseball have been cancelled for this year. Representatives from our office will be in contact with those that have pre-registered.
- No decision has been made yet regarding Sr. Men Softball, Hendersonville Parks Summer Baseball, Raptors Kickball, Summer
Kids Club Camp and Summer Tennis Lessons.
- Tennis courts are open (use social distancing guidelines when participating)
- Dog Park is open (use social distancing guidelines when attending)
- Sanders Ferry Park and Mallard Point Boat Ramps are open.
- Country Hills Golf Course Remains open (Must adhere to health restrictions as required by staff)
- Greenways in all parks remain open (practice social distancing and respect the space of others)
- Baseball, Softball and Soccer Fields are open for general use in groups of no more than 5, unless closed via our Parks Rain Out App or unless fields are locked.
- All Soccer Goals have been removed from the soccer fields due to continued incidents of groups of more than 10 playing “pick up
- Pets are not allowed on Baseball, Soccer, Football and Lacrosse Fields. Utilize open park green space, dog park and Sanders Ferry Park. Pets Must Be on a Leash!
- Parks meeting rooms are closed.
- Veterans Park is closed…this includes athletic fields, skate park, Mary’s Magical Place and In-Line Hockey rinks.
- All Playgrounds and Play Structures, Restrooms and Shelters are closed until further notice.
- Online reservations for programs, leagues, and shelters are suspended until further notice