Memorial Park- Dog ParkAmenities:
- Dog Park
- Restroom Facilities
During the month of February, 2014 the Parks & Rec Department opened the gates to its first dog park. Thanks to the hard work of the local Lions Club, $15,000 was raised and donated to make this happen. There are (2) separate areas for small and larger dogs, plenty of benches and coming in the spring of 2014, dog water fountains for each area. Just outside the dog areas is a small playground that is also new. The Dog Park is actually located inside of what is already called, Memorial Park. We hope our citizens and their canines can enjoy this for years to come.
HOURS: Facility is open from sunrise to sunset, seven days a week
Facility may be closed for periodic maintenance
- Use of the dog park will be at the owner’s risk. Owners are legally responsible for their dogs. The City of Hendersonville is not responsible for injuries to individuals or dogs.
- Limit is three dogs per owner.
- All dogs must be licensed, current with all shots, healthy and wearing a collar and identification at all times. Spiked collars must be removed before entering the dog park.
- All dogs must be leashed upon entering/exiting – leashes must be in owner’s possession at all times.
- Owners must keep their dogs in view and in voice control at all times. Leaving dogs unattended is prohibited.
- Owners must clean up after their dogs – waste receptacles are provided.
- Aggressive dogs are not permitted – owners must remove their dogs upon the first sign of aggression.
- Food/beverages/smoking/picnicking are prohibited within the dog park.
- Dogs that are ill, injured or in heat are prohibited.
- Puppies under four months old are prohibited.
- All minors must be supervised by an adult.
For emergency situations, contact Hendersonville Police Department at 822-1111 or 911.
For all non-emergencies, contact Hendersonville Parks Department at 822-3898.